not worth $50, not worth half that
By Islipcocoliso on February 10, 2012
this upgrade set is a real let down. Fingers popping off, chest shield not staying securely, LED light is off center( but that is a very small gripe) and the part that connects Hook to Longhaul is too small, so you have to use great force to get Hook in, and then he gets squeezed forward and out, which somehow causes HHook to open which then knocks Bonecrusher off his peg, not to mention that the crotch guard, left flap, it's slot wasnt cut deep enugh, so one side's flap rests on the crotch and pops the whole piece of if you so much as move in it's direction. Very, very shoddy
Avoid This Add-On
By Jedisen on January 31, 2012
I've purchased numerous third party merchandise and I've been very happy with the quality and look of each, until this I received this. The other reviews are pretty much bang on in terms of it's faults, but they were very generous in their reviews.
Here's what's wrong with this add-on
- The head attachment is too small for hook so it stretches when you put it on
- The finger tips on the hands fall off easily. I've had the product for about 24 hours and I've already lost 2 tips
- He can't hold his gun
- Devastator is now back heavy so he can barely stand
- The LED in the head is not centered.
Conclusion: Collectors should avoid this add-on.
Good set but does have a few issues
By TNT (Transform and Transcend) on January 26, 2012
To start things off this upgrade set is very nice looking. The purple of the thighs and chest plate match perfectly to the original pieces from the encore edition. The giant laser gun of his does have issues staying in the hands unless you use some sticky tack or putty. The fingers do like to fall apart on me but are easily put back on. He does have quite a good bit of movement in combined mode but its tricky to get a good pose due to scrapper and mixmaster sometimes like to move around too much. The waist piece is a lighter shade of green when compared to the rest of the set. But all of these problems aside this set is very nice if you are looking for an accurate version of devastator from the cartoon. Very cartoon accurate head, hands, forearms, and legs. I would say pick this set if you don't want to spend more than $200 not counting shipping on crazy devy upgrade parts and for only $50 before shipping you can pick up this set and have a very good looking version of everyone's favorite Decepticon combiner from season 1 and 2 of G1. He also works really well with the new cyberverse commanders and legion class figures since he just towers over them. All together i would highly recommend this upgrade set and to the folks from XTransbots thank you for giving us a very nice set at a reasonable price.
Some parts OK, fingers not so much
By Yapper on January 25, 2012
- Some fingers like to fall off even with minor movement depending on how they are positioned. My set has two 'loose' fingers on each hand.
- Forearms are fine. Limited forward/back movement, but can rotate and move inward/outward
- Head seems fine to me.
- Connector plate that snaps onto Hook seems a bit tight. Connects to Long Haul fine
- Chest shield too wide? Bonecrusher can't rotate without hitting it
- Waist shield not so good. Flaps can't rotate much before it wants to pop off Long Haul
- Mix Master Barrel feels like right size. Spins easily enough, but isn't loose.
- Thighs connect fine. I'm having trouble getting Devestator to keep his balance without leaning forward a bit.
- Rifle is OK, but grip should be longer. Combined with finger issues, it tends to want to be dropped.
Fingers are disappointing. Overall a decent value compared to CD parts, but the few CD parts I have feel like better quality items.
Meh wait for cd parts or jb
By P Crook on January 25, 2012
All the parts look nice but worst thing about this addon are the fingers just when u open the hands fingers fall off also when u try to grip the gun the pop off too. Molding of the waist panel is a terrible off set like green and the groves aren't even unless I got a defective product. Suggest to but crazy devy parts or the junkion parts instead